Saturday, May 25, 2024

Reading, listening and watching

Reading:

Legends and Lattes, Bookstores and bonedust by Travis Baldree. I really liked these two. I do love me some fantasy and these books were quite good. I liked all the characters. Somehow you don´t expect a book about an orc, opening up a cafe. Especially when everybody is writing about faries these days.


A court of silver flames by Sarah J. Maas. Speaking of fairies I finished the court of thorns and roses book series. A court of silver flames is the last book and previously I had given up on it.

I like smut as much as every other lady but that book was just too much smut. The book would have been much better without it, it didn´t add anything, it was just annoying. I did like the first 3 books of the series but I feel the author really shot herself in the foot with the last one.


Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear.

So I saw one of the people I fallow on Instagram talking about the book and I got exited.

Maisie Dobbs works as a private eye in London in the 20s. She start looking into a resort for former soldiers from ww1 were everything isn´t as it seems. This book reminded me a little bit of Miss Fisher murder mysteries (wich is a show I love and rewatch often)

It was a little slow getting into but it got very interesting. There is 18 books in the series so I see a lot of Maisie Dobbs in my future.

I have actually read books 1 and 2 of Miss Fisher´s murder mysteries by Kerry Greenwood and I´d like to read them all. I really like the characters.



Listening.

I´ve been listening to a lot of hardcore punk recently especially Dead Kennedys.


Ham. This band is always in rotation. If you are not Icelandic Ham is a rock band with cult status that is still active. I´m actually going to see them tonight. I´m very exited.


Twee

I have some twee playlists on spotify. Twee is cute indie music like Belle and Sebastian, She & him and camera obscura.


Recently I bought a casette player. I´ve wanted to do this for a long time. I´m visually impaired and therefore quite clumsy so I thought casettes would fit me better than vinyl (although I use to have record player when I was a teenager). It also fits my minimalistic lifestyle.

The first cassette I bought was Mitski´s Be the cowboy and I really enjoy it.

I have bought 4 more cassettes and I have been raiding thrift stores but I have not found anything but accordion music and 80s tourist tapes from Grand Canary. I´ll be looking around for some more.


Watching


The apocatary diaries. I watch this anime hoping it would akin to Violet Evergarden (wich I really love) It´s not but still very good.

It´s about Maomao who is kidnapped and sold to the imperial palace. She becomes a healer and a food taster and gets into many adventures. It is set in China in the 7th century. I look forward to seeing season 2.



A lot and lot of youtube videos. I mainly watch youtube and anime because it´s short. I don´t have the attention span for long shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment