Saturday, June 6, 2020

Living without furniture

For about 2 months now I have been living without furniture. 
4 years ago I got rid of my huge bulky bed and started sleeping on a futon matress.  It took about a week to get used to it, first I was quite sore.
In the last 4 years I´ve moved 4 times (only once by choice) so getting rid of furniture has helped me a lot.

Last thing I sold was two matresses I bought 2 months ago that didn´t really work for me, they were two bulky and cumbersome.  I really like sleeping on my yoga mat (let´s be honest here; they were mostly unused)
I lay my yoga mat on my rug, put a folded blanket and sheet next then my pillow and duvet. 
It´s really comfy.
I also am getting rid of a coffie table that is to high for me since I always sit on floor cushions.

This living without furniture has made my life much easier. 
I now rent a 20 square meter (200 square feet) appartment and it doesn´t feel cluttered.
Also cleaning takes very little time.

My mother has asked me what I´m going to let my guests sit on.  My friends who have visited me haven´t complained, I think sitting on pillows on the floor for about hour or two (or longer) isn´t going to kill people.  I mean I don´t find sitting on regular chairs very comfy, I get stiff and my knees hurt but it doesn´t kill me.

I would defenetly recomend sitting on the floor on a pillow, your ass will be sore at first but you´ll get used to it.  Same goes for sleeping on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment